Appearance & Taste
This tea cake uses one-bud-two-leaves of the different ancient tea trees in the Menghai area as raw material, made by traditional handwork, compressed by stone grinding. As it is a well-balanced blend of different ancient tea trees, the taste of it is extraordinarily rich. The taste is very smooth, having a mild, pleasant bitterness at the first slip then transforms into a long-lasting sweet aftertaste. Combined with a fresh floral aroma, the sweet aftertaste can last for around 10 mins. After swallowing the tea soup, your mouth and throat will feel cool and refreshing. Through this tea, tea lovers can experience the various characteristics of high-quality ancient tea trees in the Menghai area. The tea soup is pure and clear, apricot yellow in colour.
Adjust the amount of tea based on your own taste
For simple glass vessel/teapot brewing:
Use 2 teaspoons of the tea for 125ml teacup, 4 teaspoons for 250ml glass or 8 teaspoons for 500ml teapot. Then use 100°C hot water to infuse tea leaves for around 3-4 minutes. Re-steep for around 6-7 times. Adjust the amount of teas or water based on personal taste.
For Gongfu Style: (Recommend using (Yixing) Clay Teapot and Gaiwan)
- Warm the Gaiwan/tiny teapot with hot water, then discard the water
- Add 1g pu-erh tea for every 50ml of water (recommend using 7g-10g tea leaves each time or adjust by personal taste)
- Pour hot water (100 °C) into the clay teapot / Gaiwan. Tilt it and slowly rotate it twice and quickly discard the water (this step is for waking up tea leaves and stimulating the special aroma of the pu-erh tea)
- Refill the clay teapot/Gaiwan with hot water
- Infuse the tea for around 10s – 20s for the first brew, extending an extra 20s infusion time for the following brews
- Pour the steeped tea into a serving cup and divided into small teacups and serve
- Repeat 8-15 times depending on personal taste
Menghai County, Yunan Province
This tea was made by the YULIN company in Menghai County, the material of which was from ancient Pu-erh tea trees that naturally grow in the virgin forests in Xishuangbanna. The tea trees there are at least 100 years old.
Yunnan, especially in Xishuangbanna, is the place with the most contiguous ancient tea gardens in the world. It has a unique and optimal ecological environment and at the same time is the only tropical rain forest in China. The ancient tea trees there do not need pesticides or to be fertilised as they have already established their defensive system against pests naturally after hundreds and thousands of years of their natural evolution.
The mineral substance inside the soil of the virgin forest is rich which gives the YUNLIN Fuxi a rich mellow, complex aroma and mouthfeel.
The YULIN Brand
The YULIN Company is famous for its handmade ancient pu-erh teas. Most of their teas are made of ancient pu-erh tea tree leaves. The YULIN Company has built 122 tea processing houses in Xishuangbanna villages. All teas are made by local ethnic-minority masters who know the local ancient Pu-erh tea trees best. Every tea making process is of very strict standards and requires professional skills.
The YUNLIN Company even collects the information of over 10,700 different varieties of ancient pu-erh tea trees, and have their birthplace, taste and age well-documented. Each of the trees, as a result, has its own social identity just like human beings.