Mellow & Strong
Appearance & Taste
The taste of the tea is strong and mellow, with an earthy and floral flavour. It has an impressive, sweet, lingering aftertaste. Since it has been aged for over three years, it also has a very special Chen fragrance. The tea soup is pure and clear, dark wine-red to amber in colour.
Adjust the amount of tea based on your own taste
For simple glass vessel / teapot brewing:
You can brew less tea leaves with more hot water for longer brewing time. Use 2 teaspoons of the tea for 125ml teacup, 4 teaspoons for 250ml glass or 8 teaspoons for 500ml teapot. Using 100°C hot water to infuse tea leaves for around 3-4 minutes. Re-steep for around 6-7 times. Adjust it according to personal taste.
For Gongfu Style: (Recommend using (Yixing) Clay Teapot and Gaiwan)
- Warm the Gaiwan/tiny teapot with hot water; discard the water afterwards
- Add 1g Pu’er tea for every 50ml of water (recommend 7g-10g tea leaves, adjust by personal taste)
- Pour hot water (100 °C) into the clay teapot / Gaiwan, tilt it, slowly rotating it two times and quickly discard the water (this step is for waking up tea leaves and stimulating the special aroma of the Pu’er tea)
- Refill clay teapot/Gaiwan with hot water
- Infuse tea for around 10s – 20s for first brew, extending extra 20s infusion time for the following brew.
- Pour the steeped tea into serving cup and divided into small teacups and serve
- Repeat 8-15 times depends on personal taste.
The Yiwu tea area is one of the most famous tea plantations in Yunnan province. The altitude of Yiwu Mountain here is between 656 meters to 2,023 meters. The large differences in altitude differences are very large which leads to two typical climate characteristics – warm and humid weather; it is also often foggy and rainy. The land of it is fertile, most of it is laterite, latosolic red soil and yellow earth soil, formed through the action of tropical subtropical monsoons. The soil is slightly acidic, and the pH value of it is between 4.6 and 6.5. The soil nutrient accumulation is fast, and decomposition and utilization are also very quick. The soil organic matter content of it is 4.6% or more, and the deep of soil humus is thicker than 5 cm.